Data Privacy Notice
What information we collect
RH & AJ Bateman Ltd processes information on our customers and suppliers in order to fulfil orders and requests for quotes. Processing includes collection, storage, usage and destruction of data.
The data we process includes:
- Contact details – in case of queries regarding products or delivery
- Addresses – for delivery or invoicing purposes
- Card details – if the customer requests to make payment by card
How and why we collect information
We collect information in person, over the phone or through an email when quoting or to place an order. This information is used purely for the requested transaction, which includes quoting, delivery of the product, invoicing for the goods provided and receiving payment.
All personal information is stored securely on our computer system and cloud storage as back-up. Hard copies of order and delivery tickets are filed in our storage room. Computers are encrypted, password protected, and have anti-virus protection.
To fulfil our legal obligations, this information is kept for 7 years after the year of the transaction. We do not retain copies of card or bank details when they are given to us.
Who we share information with
We share your information with other parties and service providers only if necessary. These include:
- Passing the information relevant for our accounts and invoicing on to our accountants
- Cloud providers that help us store information electronically
- IT service providers that help with our internal IT issues
- Lawyers representing us in the event of a legal claim
- Regulators or law enforcement agencies (if there is a legal requirement for us to share your information)
Your rights and controls
Under our legal obligations, we are required to hold all information necessary for invoicing due to tax regulations. However, you can request to see what information we have stored on you, that we remove all other non-necessary information from our system and you have the right to be informed about how we process your data. We ask that if you are aware that any information we hold on you is incorrect or out of date, you inform us so that we can update our files.
If you have any queries regarding our processing of data, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01749 850913.